Under 100 Holiday Art Show
Only submissions made through this google form will be considered. One submission per artist.
Exhibition Dates: November 30th - December 19th, 2023
Opening Reception: November 30th 2023, 6-10pm
Submission Deadline: Thursday, November 23rd, 11:59pm
CALL FOR ARTISTS - We're back with our annual holiday show, Under 100! With artwork priced at $100 and under, this is the perfect opportunity to find unique gifts for this holiday season.
We will also have a small section entitled Over 100, where we will select a small amount of submitted works that are over the $100 price point.
Just like last year, there is NO SUBMISSION FEE. All we ask is you price your work so people can purchase your art for holiday gifts.
The opening reception will be held on Thursday November 30th, 2023 from 6pm-10pm. Please contact Emily for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit up to 10 pieces that fit the criteria. The gallery may select any number of your submissions to be included in the show.
- Please provide clear photos of your pieces, exactly as they will be displayed in the show (for example, include the frame if your piece is framed). Please ensure all files are named with your info as follows: "ARTISTNAME_ARTWORKTITLE.jpg"
- Pieces must be ready to hang with proper hanging hardware already attached. Works on paper must already have a hanging device attached. Work must hang from one single point (no d-rings unless they are wired, please!) Work that is at risk to be damaged may be accepted but at owners risk. Pieces must be under 24"x36", including frame.
- Paintings, drawings, prints, mixed media art, and sculpture are all acceptable mediums.
- The theme of this show is artworks priced at $100 and lower, however we will accept a very limited amount of submissions priced over $100 for the Over 100 section. We will give preference to Under 100 submission
- There is no hanging fee for this show!
- Accepted piece must be dropped off on Tuesday November 28th from noon-6pm. Pieces must be labelled with your name, title, size, medium, and price (nothing fancy, a post-it note works fine).
- The gallery will take a 50% commission on all sales, artist receives 50%.
- Artwork will be sold right off the wall! Buyers will receive their piece immediately, they will not be left up throughout the duration of the exhibition.
- Unsold pieces must be picked up on Wednesday December 20th from noon-6pm. Northern Contemporary is not responsible for works left after the pick-up date and will not store artwork past this day.
Eligibility: This call for artists is open to all visual artists. Paintings, drawings, digital art prints, mixed media, and sculpture are all acceptable mediums. Keep in mind that Northern Contemporary focuses on illustrative, representational, urban, lowbrow, comic, pop art, and experimental work.
Due to the high volume of artwork in this show, work must be dropped off and picked up in person, we will not accept mailed pieces.
We accept general submissions year-round as we are always on the lookout for new and exciting artists. We focus on (but are not limited to) illustrative, representational, urban, lowbrow, comic, pop art, and experimental work. Please note that Northern Contemporary does not represent artists.
You may also submit show ideas if you are looking to rent the space.
Please send all general and rental submissions to email@example.com