Thursday December 1 - Tuesday December 20
Opening Reception: December 1st, 2022, 6-10pm
Submission Deadline: November 23rd, 2022, 11:59pm
CALL FOR ARTISTS - We are seeking artwork priced at $100 and under for our annual end of year salon show! As a thank you to everyone who has supported us over the past year, this show has no hanging fees. There is no theme for this show, it is intended to be a way for people to find beautiful and unique handmade gifts for everyone on their shopping list. This year we will also be introducing an “Over 100” section, with a smaller selection of works priced higher than $100.
The opening reception will be held on Thursday December 1st, 2022 from 6pm-10pm. Please contact Emily for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off: November 29th, noon-6pm
Pick up: December 21st, noon-6pm
The gallery takes a 50% commission on sales.
Eligibility: This call for artists is open to all artists regardless of location, international submissions are welcome. Painting, drawing, mixed media, and sculpture are all acceptable mediums. Keep in mind that Northern Contemporary focuses on illustrative, representational, urban, lowbrow, comic, pop art, and experimental work.
Attach clear photos of your work to your submission email.
- You may submit up to 10 pieces that fit the criteria. The gallery may select any number of your submissions to be included in the show.
- The bulk of the show will be artworks priced $100 and under, if you are submitting Over $100 work as well please note that we will be accepting a smaller amount for this section. They can all be included in the same email, but keep it to 10 submissions total.
- Individual pieces may be no bigger than 24”x36”.
- Please attach images to your submission email in an image format (smaller files are preferred, 72 dpi and 1000 pixels on the longest edge is ideal).
- Links to google drive, dropbox or any file hosting as well as compressed files like .zip files will not be opened.
- Non-Local artists, please submit early to give yourself plenty of time to ship your work! Please note that it is the artist’s responsibility to cover all shipping costs, including return.
In the body of your email please include;
- Artist bio
- Website (and/or CV)
- Image list with title, size, medium, and price. (Note that the gallery will take a 50% commission)
Email submissions to email@example.com with the subject line “Under 100” no later than NOVEMBER 23rd at 11:59pm. Please note that submissions that do not follow these guidelines may not be considered.
Due to the volume of emails we receive, only accepted artists will be notified.
We accept general submissions year-round as we are always on the lookout for new and exciting artists. We focus on (but are not limited to) illustrative, representational, urban, lowbrow, comic, pop art, and experimental work. Please note that Northern Contemporary does not represent artists.
You may also submit show ideas if you are looking to rent the space.
Please send all general and rental submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org